Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hazel and Tin-hen ready for bed.

Hazel and Tin-Hen are two of the hens you heard about in my last post.  They are very smart.  When one of them goes one way, the other will follow.  One night when we had to put them up for the night, we could not find them.  After a while, they were spotted sitting on the porch, waiting for us to put them to bed.  The next night we tryed to put them up to early, and it was very hard.  But on Tuesday night, we had to go to Fiddle Camp, and we were a little bit worried about them.  So when we got home, I jumped out and ran to see what might have become of the chickens. (They are free range chickens).  I looked and they were not there, and again were found on the porch waiting for us to put them to bed.  The next night we were expecting it.  I waited and watched, waited and watched, but nothing happend.  Soon Mamma said, "If you leave them alone, they might be a little more likely come up." So I did. I finished my work in the kitchen, and got ready for bed.  When I came out again, and they were ready. Sitting on the porch waiting calmly.

1 comment: